Your worst camping experience

agnes21

We have some favourite camping spot, favourite things to bring, and etc. But do you have a bad experience when you are camping, and makes you don't wanna come back anymore?

HereToday

No doubt our worst!

Some years ago my husband and I arranged to go camping for our anniversary, left the kids with their grandparents and took off to enjoy the great outdoors. The closer we got to the mountain the darker the sky became. There was a fire on the other side of the mountain! It was far enough away to be safe, but the smoke and cinders got to us by the second day and we gave up.

doormaverick

First post! I was about 17 my uncle invited me, my brother, and my sister to go camping with him and my cousins. We stayed at a camp park by Monument, Colorado. We BBQed steaks, hamburgers and hot dogs having a good old time. We got ready to call it a night until one of my cousins mentioned something in the distance making noise. We got quiet to get a better hear, sure enough, it was a huge black bear hanging around spying on us. We all freaked out and I guess we scared the living heck out of the bear because I never thought a bear could run so fast. I slept in the car the rest of the night.

nawza07

It rained and rained. Rain isn't a problem usually, but this time the weight of the rain filled the tarp and make me collapsed. By the time that was done, nobody had any dry clothing left

Thomas

I had a very bad experience once. I took everything i needed except i forgot the most important thing: THE FLASHLIGHT!!!!!!! I had to go to the "toilet" without it and i sit down on poisoned ivy. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!! For almost one year I haven`t gone camping. And when i did the first thing i packed was the flashlight:D.

pavan

The worst experience while camping was when i was 12 years old i went on a school trip for ooty and we planned to camp inside the forests and we did but the rain didnt allow us to stay there for an hour, we were running all of a sudden to find shelter but we couldnt and for more than 2 hours we were the victims for the rain.

sunny

I had a very worst camping experience, recently in peru, while camping i just fell down sliding in a valley. Was hurt so much.

HereToday

We were camping in one of our favourite spots, up a small mountainside, amidst lots of trees, and a lovely space for the kids to play where I could watch them. I even was clever enough to situate us close, but not too close to the restrooms, as our kids were still of an age that quick trips to the loo were necessary.
We went to sleep, and it was a wonderful rest, until at about 4:30 in the morning I began hearing something jangling. I woke up and someone was playing Madonna really loud. I figured it was a passing car and the song would fade, but it didn't. No use trying to sleep, I got up and headed for the loo, where the music was coming from. I walked in on a dozen teenage girls dancing, screaming, and putting on makeup. I yelled a few times, until someone saw that an adult was in the room. The music got shut off real quick, and I said something like "What the HELL do you think you're doing?" They explained to me that they were camping with their families on the other side of the park, so they hiked over to this bathroom so they wouldn't bother their parents.
I didn't kill one of them, but I did give them to understand that if I heard another note, I would. They cleared off with apologies. I climbed back to the campsite and into my sleeping bag, but I was so steamed I never could get back to sleep.

henry

One of the worst camping experience is i got bit by a snake and thank god it was not so poisonous and locals helped me. It was the worst experience ever.

riskey58

camping experience

We went camping in a pop up one time in New York state. It was a nice campground. But we had a storm in the middle of the night, and the wind was so bad that the camper was rocking back and forth so bad I thougt it was going to blow over. It was a long night, and I will never forget it.

anand

The closer we got to the mountain the darker the sky became. There was a fire on the other side of the mountain!But we had a storm in the middle of the night, and the wind was so bad.,.

slide

Worst experience, i dont remember anything, as the best moments filled my mind. Actually there are no worst experience till now. So i am happy about it now.

tater03

I think my worst experience camping was when we had to park our car and trek into our campsite. When we came back someone had flattened all four of our tires. Not a happy camper so to speak.

justontime

I think the worst camping experiences I recall have involved noisy people nearby and on one occasion because of one person camping with us who was difficult to get along with.

tater03

Camping with someone you don't get along with would be just awful. I am lucky that so far that hasn't happened to us.

kernow

I think my worst experience was when I had a really bad back, I don't know how I hurt it, but sleeping on a camp bed made it so much worse.

deltic

I know what you mean, I always miss my bed when I am camping and the first night back in my own bed is wonderful.

kernow

I think the worst camping experiences I recall have involved noisy people nearby and on one occasion because of one person camping with us who was difficult to get along with.
That is a good point, you can't choose your neighbours even when camping. On a couple of occasions I have been irritated by other campers being noisy and intrusive.