Time

JDSport

Do you spend a lot of time with your horses showing them you care? I spend as much time in the barn as I do inside the house and I hate hearing stories on the news of abused animals or people that have but can't take care of them.

Rookie

Horses need time and attention as much as dogs and cats. They are not herd beasts, like cattle, that can just be put out to pasture and ignored. Horses need the physical presence and physical touch that humans provide. If you don't have the time to do that, you shouldn't own a horse.

Chippin

Horses need time and attention as much as dogs and cats. They are not herd beasts, like cattle, that can just be put out to pasture and ignored. Horses need the physical presence and physical touch that humans provide. If you don't have the time to do that, you shouldn't own a horse.
I completely agree. Some people fail to recognize that a horse is no different than other pets. Sadly, I've had my share of neighbors who don't pay as much attention to their horses as they should. They really need to give some sort of class on horse care before a person is allowed to have a horse.