Your favorite spot?

countrychick

Where is your favorite camping spot? I really don’t have a favorite one, as long as it has a great nature surrounding, than I’m happy. I’m from the Midwest so I pretty much stick to this area for camping, but I can just imagine how beautiful the rest of the countryside is to camp at.

katharina

Where is your favorite camping spot? I really don’t have a favorite one, as long as it has a great nature surrounding, than I’m happy. I’m from the Midwest so I pretty much stick to this area for camping, but I can just imagine how beautiful the rest of the countryside is to camp at.
I like being anywhere that there's fresh air and beautiful nature. Anywhere that a campfire smells great with food cooking and is relatively safe. Having the ocean nearby would be a plus!

countrygal

I have two favorites, depending on what I want to do. If we are going fishing and/or boating, then there are some wonderful camping spots up on Moosehead Lake in Maine. When I was a kid, we camped on an island there which was totally cool. My other favorite when I want to hike and just enjoy nature is pretty much anywhere in the White Mountains in northern New Hampshire. There are spots where you feel like you are alone on the earth and that nothing has changed in thousands of years. Incredible country!

Hikker_Jim

I always use to go to a site when I was a kid called 'Castle Landing'. Funny name but great place to go. It's situated on a famous river that runs through Australia called The River Murray. We would go fishing, canoeing and have campfires at night.

humorris

My favourite place to camp is Snowdonia, in Wales, which is our country highest mountain range, but only twenty minutes away from the north wales coast.

katharina

My favourite place to camp is Snowdonia, in Wales, which is our country highest mountain range, but only twenty minutes away from the north wales coast.
This sounds absolutely lovely! I assume you mean it's a 20 minute drive to the coast, and not a 20 minute hike? If it would be a hike, that's definitely the kind of place I had in mind.

justontime

I like Cornwall best of all, and If I had to narrow it down further I would choose Trevose Head near Padstow on the north coast of Cornwall.

campclose

My favorite spot is a campground pretty close to our home. I love it because we know it well. I also feel very safe there and I let my daughter and her friends ride bikes around the campground without adult supervision.

This year we are camping there once, we are also camping in Old Forge, NY. I can't wait to check out this new place. I hope the site is kind of private and peaceful.

katharina

When I was a kid, we camped on an island there which was totally cool.
An island sounds like so much fun when it comes to camping (and fishing!) There used to be a place like that on the river about 15 or 20 miles from here. Once a lot of people found out about it, though, it was never the same and lost most of its magic.

deltic

I like Cornwall best of all, and If I had to narrow it down further I would choose Trevose Head near Padstow on the north coast of Cornwall.
I love Cornwall too, it is a really special place we go back to our favourite site ever year. I love walking the Cornwall coast path.