East coast camping?

Footprints

If you could camp anywhere on the mid (MD area) to southern east coast of the US where would you go?

Preferably somewhere with challenging hiking, not too touristy, tent camping.

I'm thinking Appalachians, but where?

Refrigerator

If you could camp anywhere on the mid (MD area) to southern east coast of the US where would you go?

Preferably somewhere with challenging hiking, not too touristy, tent camping.

I'm thinking Appalachians, but where?
What state are you looking at Footprint? You have many trails to chose from. Several of us are heading to Cranberry Glades Wilderness WV in April, May heading to North Fork Mt Trail WV, June Roaring Plains WV, July Mt Rogers VA and many many more with others on this forum.

mikepond

My sister does not live far from June Roaring Plains and she said her and the kid enjoy that area best. Of course he is 19 now and does not trail as much as he did when growing up but they still said thats a place that should be on a "to see" list.

Refrigerator

Roaring Plains has just been put on the Wilderness status in WV. 2 sections each side of the Swatch pipe line. Canyon Rim Hidden passage is a secret and the most scenic. This years trip we will trek up the Roaring plains trail and on to Haystack Knob. Next day back track a bit and veer east to follow the canyon rim. Lots of Bears in this area.

John13np

Don't know the east coast too much. The Red River Gorge and surrounding areas in Kentucky are pretty nice. Not "on" the coast, but near it.