Water sports!

oldsarge

How many of you old Vet's out there remember the days of doing this. The norm was low and slow before putting a guy out, but if you got an inexperience Cast master, he could skip a guy right to shore....just kidding!

Footprints

Well I certainly can not say I was around to do that, but it looks awesome. I think I would be terrified to do that! Have you?

oldsarge

Yes I have, and it's not all that terrifying...well that's not 100% correct. It fun as hell if your doing it in an area that's been surveyed and cleared for training. Do this on a real world insertion along some jungle river and you have no idea what's just under that murky water. Stand the chance of getting something stuck where it don't belong. Done that too, and you can't help but think about it as you exit the aircraft. In this photo I'm in the aircraft as Cast master, photo was taken by my buddy in the safety boat. Training took place at the Jungle Operations Training Center at Fort Sherman, Panama 1989.

LittleLady

Oh that is amazing and it does look fun as hell. I don't think I'd like to try it in the wilderness for the reasons you mentioned, but I'd give it a go in surveyed waters. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

outwest

I do not think that is on my weekend agenda but it does look interesting. I kind of do not like anything that fly's so I doubt its really on my list of things to do, but if I did not have the crazy fear I would try it!

oldsarge

1989? oldsarge...you aren't all that old! You've been scanning some good pics lately!
Yeah,well maybe not...but I feel that way some times! Got the name while being stationed with a bunch of younger Sergeants E-5's at my unit. Even though I was only a few years older they all pinned this on me...along with a few other names on occasion.