Kia 4x4

ChadTower

Just make sure to check the frame, in particular around the steering box mounts as it tends to rusts off.... literally, as well check the frame and tub to ensure its intact and not rusting, take a magnet with you and make sure that there are no holes filled in with bondo!

Heh. If he knew what to look for in the frame he wouldn't be asking us about a Kia. ;)

oldsarge

Better to ask than not. Hate to see the guy make a mistake he'll be sorry for later. I'm sure he welcomes any info we might have.

hikinboot

Better to ask than not. Hate to see the guy make a mistake he'll be sorry for later. I'm sure he welcomes any info we might have.

I certainly do. My dad was older growing up and he passed away when I was 12 so I didn't learn much from him. All I have learned is self taught or from other people.

oldsarge

I certainly do. My dad was older growing up and he passed away when I was 12 so I didn't learn much from him. All I have learned is self taught or from other people.
Mine passed when I was 9, ended up with some really good friends though. Got a lot of feed back from their dads and older brothers. Also had several Uncles who spent time with me.

HikingGuy

Mine passed when I was 9, ended up with some really good friends though. Got a lot of feed back from their dads and older brothers. Also had several Uncles who spent time with me.
It is tough on a young kid, especially a boy to lose his dad young. I can cook much better than I can fix a car. I have learned a fair bit from my father in law too.