Almond milk

Ilovelife

We have been trying to find a way to take milk with us without having to baby the cooler or worry that it could spoil. We have discovered almond milk. We get it in the small containers and it does not have to be refrigerated until after it is over. Usually, with a family of 5 we use that container up my mid lunch. It is a great alternative to milk when camping.

freedommachine

Way ahead of you, thats stuff is great. Me and my wife started using it a few years ago. Camping it goes good in cereal,drinking,oatmeal, just what ever you need milk for. We even keep some in the house as extra in the cupboard if we run out of regular since it doent need to be refrigerated. They even have chocalate milk!!!Warm it up and make hot chocolate.

KeikoOka

This is interesting, I did not realize they could make a milk from nuts. I am not sure if I would like it or not, what is the texture like? What about the flavor, what can you compare it to?

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
I like soy milk... its not terrible but I will only consume the 'silk' soy milk. At 4$ a half gallon its something I treat myself to sparingly! Almond milk is a good idea I never thought of that one, and you two say it tastes as well as regular milk with things?

oldmangunner

I have tried soy milk, I really like the silk brand as well. Does anyone know if Almond milk is made by silk too? I have never seen it around here, but maybe I am just not looking either.

freedommachine

The stuff is great for people wwho health wise can have dairy. Plus many people get sick to their stomach if they have milk before exercise,while silk,almond,soy milks wont do that to you.

rockytibby

I love almond milk. I am lactose intolerant so I cant drink milk. I have also tried soy, rice, and hemp milk but I perfer almond the best. I would not know what to compare it to so you just have to try it. You either like it or you dont.

DThewanderer

I have never had almond milk. Where would I look in the grocery store for something like this. So it does not need to be refrigerated until after it is opened? How big are the containers?

rockytibby

Dthewander, most grocery stores carry almond milk either in the baking isle or natural foods section. It sit on the shelf no refridgeration required untill you open. The box size is 32oz (1 quart) so not to big. I buy mine at Winco for a 1.28 a quart.