New Member, Beginner Hiker of Adirondacks

itodski99

I started hiking in Summer of 2010. So far I've hiked mainly out of the Southern ADK's to prepare for some higher peaks. I am also looking to start with some short to mediocre length hikes this summer, meaning over nighters of 1-2 nights. I am planning to hike Gothics Mtn and would love to make it a 1-3 day trip, including other peaks as well. Any suggestions on Gothics or other ranges to hit up?

Grandpa

Welcome, pull a log up to the fire and keep us posted on your success. I'm in the west so have no suggestions for back there.

Refrigerator

I started hiking in Summer of 2010. So far I've hiked mainly out of the Southern ADK's to prepare for some higher peaks. I am also looking to start with some short to mediocre length hikes this summer, meaning over nighters of 1-2 nights. I am planning to hike Gothics Mtn and would love to make it a 1-3 day trip, including other peaks as well. Any suggestions on Gothics or other ranges to hit up?
Go here and they will steer you in a direction.
ADK: Your Voice for Wilderness

Hiking: An Extensive guide to Hiking trails in The Adirondacks Mountains of upstate New York in Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Glens Falls, Old Forge, Lake George etc..

Adirondack Hiking, Climbing & Backpacking info at AdkHikes

Northern Backpacking Trail - Adirondack Forum