How Far?

Zack

How far is your average hike? As for me, there's trails and woods all around my place, and I'm usually out at least once per week. I'll usually hike out a mile or two, then turn around and come back. I'm not the spring chicken I used to be, and this heat wears me out. But I enjoy it.

oldsarge

What ever gives you the peace and relaxation you are looking, that's what you do! It can be mile or ten. The whole point is getting out there...period. I don't nearly get out as much as I'd like to. But when I do I usually over do my hikes a bit and bite of a little too much. The next day I'm hobbling around trying to recuperate. Lately I have been knocking out a small 3.5 milers with my new puppies at least once a week, weather permitting, some times twice.

T

tentrus

I take my kids on a lot of hikes and we don't hike over a mile. When I hike with adults, we hike for a couple of miles. If we plan longer hikes then we have to carry a backpack with supplies. I prefer to take shorter hikes.

Sammee

We have three dogs who love to be taken on a trek but one of them is a little loopy and if she decides that she has gone far enough she will sit and refuse to move. If we want to go further, we have to carry her!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
We have three dogs who love to be taken on a trek but one of them is a little loopy and if she decides that she has gone far enough she will sit and refuse to move. If we want to go further, we have to carry her!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Leave her there and walk off, she'll fallow :tinysmile_tongue_t:.

Not sure how far I go honestly, I go until I'm tired (few hours) depending on terrain.

greentea

Most of the time I hike to a destination, top of a mountain, hill, a clearing etc. So I rarely actually pay attention to the distance, it's more about the journey and the things I see rather than the distance.