Litterbugs

outwest

Anyone know the fine for catching a litter bug? I am tried of visiting our local areas and seeing it trashed out because some other person on the trail is a lazy one who can not pick up after themselves.

oldmangunner

The fine for littering depends where you are. Here the fine is $500 dollars. I think it should be $500 plus having to serve 100 community service hours picking up litter.

Michael

The fine for littering depends where you are. Here the fine is $500 dollars. I think it should be $500 plus having to serve 100 community service hours picking up litter.
The hundred community service hours seem more valuable in regards to community wellbeing to me. I can think of some spots that used to be quite lovely before they got totally wrecked, and a hundred hours is time to pick up a couple of them.

T

tentrus

I like the community service of picking up litter. I think that is a great fine! People are just pigs... they figure someone else will pick it up. I do carry a bag at times and pick up things I see.

outwest

I am not sure if its just timing or what but even places that have the signs end up getting trashed. They put in a new little highway strip dedicated to someone and that was trashed within a weeks time.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, they say that the punishment should fit the crime. How about taking the perpetrators out into the wilderness and throwing them away like garbage?

Michael

Well, they say that the punishment should fit the crime. How about taking the perpetrators out into the wilderness and throwing them away like garbage?
That just increases the number of animals that have eaten human flesh. That's a bad thing for all of us. Also, rotting meat is smelly and unpleasant.

I strongly favour the community service cleaning up litter. Not only would they undo the damage they'd done, but they'd actually improve things. I'm sure everyone here can think of a spot or two they'd really like to see quasi-slave labour clean up.

Hyde

I agree, if you litter then you should have to clean up litter. I think 100 hours sounds about right. Think about how many times a person litters before they get caught.