Head Lamp

P

processed in everything

hi Indiana,
I feel sorry to make you feel so disgusting as for my posts. The only thing I want to do is to share some information about the headlamp.
sorry for that

P

processed in everything

No, I read the web site. I found it a bit busy for my tastes, and it uses the word, "Tactical," in a way that implies that the designer doesn't actually know what it means.

Regardless, the stuff on the site is more expensive and has a greater output than you actually need to go hiking or camping. I'm sure a 1600 lumen light is great if you need to bicycle down a country road on an overcast night, but it's hardly necessary for camping. Mine is apparently 33 lumens on high, and it works fine.
sorry to make you feel so disgusting as for my post. I will correct it. Your suggestion is very helpful. I accept it.:tinysmile_grin_t:

IndianaHiker

hi Indiana,
I feel sorry to make you feel so disgusting as for my posts. The only thing I want to do is to share some information about the headlamp.
sorry for that
Sharing information is great. However all your post refer back to the products made by the same company. This leads on to believe that you work for that company or have some vested interest in this company. If this is the case it is what is called spam. Meaning that you are using a public forum to advertise a product. That is not the proper use of the forum. If you want to advertise a product then you should contact the forum admin and see what are the steps to purchase one of the slots for advertising a product.

Grandpa

Sharing information is great. However all your post refer back to the products made by the same company. This leads on to believe that you work for that company or have some vested interest in this company. If this is the case it is what is called spam. Meaning that you are using a public forum to advertise a product. That is not the proper use of the forum. If you want to advertise a product then you should contact the forum admin and see what are the steps to purchase one of the slots for advertising a product.
Furthermore, SPAM is a complete turn off for most of us. If you pay for an advertising slot, you will get complete attention of those interested in those products.

ppine

Forester
When I first used the big old headlamps about 1990 they were very nerdy. The new LEDs are great especially for task lighting like finding stuff in a pack, cleaning fish, etc. I would never go hunting without one (or 2) in the pack. I use one around the house at night so as not to wake up my girl, and make sure I don't trip over one of the 3 dogs. I use a headlamp in the yard at night to get firewood and shut off sprinkler valves before a freeze.

Michael

OK. I admit it. That's a really cool light.

Unfortunately, the way it's set up has basically guaranteed that I'll never buy one. You seem to need to use a computer to set the thing up, and I use Linux. No one ever makes functional software for Linux, and the only way I'll know if I can get it to work through WINE is to buy one (for literally about ten times the price of my headlamp) and try to install the software on my computer.

Well, until they make an Android app to control the thing. Then I might end up getting one.

Refrigerator

Totally understand your stance on this Michael.....When I first started out camping I had very little funds so I used what I could afford and had fun. Now that I am financially free due to some decisions that was positive with the Market, I have become a GEAR JUNKY and since there are no 12 step programs available as far as I know of..I will continue to have an addiction to gear. My first head lamp was a coal miners carbide light then on to a 6 volt battery that weight was by today's standards not acceptable to Backpack. I have the first Petzel and Princeton tech light that hit the market and have collected there brands from then on.....I will still use a Petzel/tekka light and on other trips a Princeton Tech Pro... I like the diversity. Many of my close backpacking friends use energizer head lamps purchased at the local Walmart store and they work as well as my expensive brands.....Use what you can afford and lights your path and you will be happy, I know I was using a carbide light many years ago...

ppine

Forester
Refer,
You are a resource because of your gear knowledge. You should be the first person we turn to about gear questions. I was a gear head in my 20s, but then I started to run into people that had great knowledge and experience that used simple gear. I love to talk with the old timers about how they did things. The simpler the better is my motto now.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

One of my headlamps is a Coleman. It weighs about two ounces and is worn like a headset. It is powered by three minnie batts (like slightly oversized hearing aid or watch batteries).

Works rather well. The light itself can be adjusted up and down and some sideways motion, which really isn't needed. And, of course, made in China...!! Not good for distance, though.

Refrigerator

Refer,
You are a resource because of your gear knowledge. You should be the first person we turn to about gear questions. I was a gear head in my 20s, but then I started to run into people that had great knowledge and experience that used simple gear. I love to talk with the old timers about how they did things. The simpler the better is my motto now.
I have my first gaz stove by optimus and an original Svea123, SIGG cook set, SIGG screw cap plastic water bottle....numerous old military camping gear. My opinion is the gear from yesterday lasted and is still usable and the gear today has now streamlined down the weight and compromised longevity...although not all new gear.

ghostdog

Valhalla, I am coming
I came across a vintage carbide lamp in the desert about five years ago. It was half buried by silt. The entire area is amazing. There were many secrets unfolding all around me.

top view;

The closest I can figure is this piece is about 100 years old but any help with dating it would be much appreciated.

My current lighting tools are two, my headlamp (Surefire Saint Minimus) for night navigation, cooking, reading and the like and a small lantern (Black Diamond Orbit) used mostly as a beacon for my camp for folks going out and returning in darkness. The headlamp gets a lot of use and has served for years now.

Barney

I'm using, maybe an unusual combo for some, Fenix headband with all sorts of Fenix and 4Sevens flashlights. Currently my favorite would be Fenix LD10.

Mr.E

Absolutely! An LED (barely uses battery) headlamp rules! Both hands free and light always shining in the direction you're facing. Must have.

MissyKitty

I usually have a head lamp with me. I totally agree with everyone here, head lamps are the best. They leave your hands free and provide the light to every direction you look at. I use a head lamp that is actually designed for miners. It provides excellent light with two different modes. One for close and second for long distance more concentrated light.

Cory

Oregon!
First post!!

I have 3 headlamps, one is old and pretty big was my grandpas that he used when he fished. Ones, a black diamond and is very nice (dad bought it). Last one is i forgot the company name but my sister bought it for me for my birthday and i like it better than the super expensive because i can adjust the brightness with a little dial!

btatro

Never forget the head lamp!
People sometimes ask about what kind of flash light to have and although I have some hand held ones, I always make sure that a head lamp is also on my packing list.
I use a cheap variety.
I won a head lamp for a door prize one year and thought "what the lamest prize after" at the time. Turns out it's pretty much the coolest thing ever. You can't beat hands free light when you need it.

agoodwriter

I'm sure that i don't forget head lamp, it's always useful.. You don't even need to be at camping it's useful at home too, when you are fixing something.

I got a head lamp which has very powerful light.. You can almost compare that light with car lights..:tinysmile_tongue_t:

huullk

I have a sort of cheap Coleman headlamp. It's a plain two settings white light that does the trick for me. It's got pretty good battery life, too.

Sure, it doesn't have the super long range of some of the more expensive models. Then again I use it in the woods most of the time, and it shines as far as you can see without trees and brush being the obstacle to sight.

Most of the time I stick to a 1 AA River Rock LED flashlight. The battery lasts bloody forever and has had the crap kicked out of it and kept coming back for more. It's plenty bright for situations where you dropped your keys at night or the lights went out and you need to find candles.