Favorite Food

Chary

Whenever we are out in our motorhome, there are certain foods that I always prepare. I think our favorite is Taco Salad. It is so simple to fix and so filling that it has become a family favorite. What is your favorite food when you are out in your RV or tent?

Mysty1

Taco salad is one of my favorites too along with chili, my husband always love to have some type of stew for the evenings when it might be cooler as its a comfort food for him.

Seven

I can not seem to go camping without having made my potato salad! I also enjoy taco salad with my meals, but potato is my favorite.

Erwin

Macaroni salad is my all time favorite food any place any season! My family always has this at every event. I think that Taco salad also seems to be a close second!

Camoguy

We like hamburgers or vegetable soup made with hamburger crumbles. I believe my bunch could live on hamburgers or cheeseburgers. I haven't ever fixed any that they weren't eaten at some point. My daughter even gets hamburger patties that have been cooked and refrigerated out of the refrigerator and sprinkles them with salt and eats them cold. I've never seen anyone do that.

waverider365

We'll always have at least one night with steak, there's nothing like having a grilled steak on the barbecue except for having a grilled steak on the barbecue while out camping.

ejdixon

I have to have one night of steak and one night of grilled fish when I go camping, with the latter hopefully something I've caught myself.

Rosie

We like chicken kebabs. I marinade them before leaving home and by the time we cook them they are so tasty. We are also quite fond of pancakes because they're so easy to cook over the fire.

Ingrid

We like to do ribs. It's a great way to meet fellow campers (if you're the social sort). People can never turn down good ribs and corn bread. Can't forget about the corn bread.

ejdixon

Fresh caught fish is my favorite or a fresh rabbit roasted over the fire.
Haven't tried cooking rabbit before. That would really be something nice to try out.

***sorry for the duplicate post. my screen gave me an error that it can't connect to the server so I entered it again.

Last edited:

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around be black bears are.

I don't usually take or make salads when camping, but they are some of my favorites when I'm at home. Taco? Yum! Potato? Yum! Macaroni? Yum!

I also make most of my dressings for green salads. Yum!

Lorax

A mixture of corned beef, hash brown potatoes, eggs, etc in a huge pile on the griddle. Not something we'd ever eat anywhere else but camping. It's great but shouldn't be included as a part of your normal everyday dietary needs.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Jumper79

Fresh fish is one of my favorites and so is homemade grilled pizza. We got lucky last time around and met up with a salmon fisherman who shared his bounty with us.