Keeping dogs inside?

Lovefall

Do you keep your dogs inside during deer hunting season? My dogs don’t chase deer but they can sense that people are in the woods behind our house. I try to keep them inside when I can’t go out with them during hunting season.

CampingFamily

That's probably a good idea. I don't think I would want to take a chance of an accident happening. I take it your backyard isn't fenced in?

rockin

We keep our dog in too when we are not out there. We have invisible fencing so no visible fence. Our dog has been known to bust through though from time to time.

Tailtwitch

I keep my labs inside during hunting season, since our property backs up against some woods where folks hunt. It's just not a good time of year to be brown, four-legged, and furry.

Gabbie

We don't live near a hunting area but have some friends whose home backs up to the Forrest. They have two big labs and make sure that they do not get outside the fence as sometimes they will let them run in the woods for a while. Not really safe at that time of year.

southerngal

I don't have to worry about it here, but when we were in the country we had to keep our Pit inside when we weren't out. Deer would come right up to the backdoor, and my crazy girl thought she was going to get a deer. Of course they use Pits, to hunt 400 lb boar, so maybe she would have gotten one. ;)

carmen

Unless they were out with someone else I would probably keep them indoors as well, we let them run free when we are out though which they love. I have yet to see a dog run as quick as ours, its kind of like the energizer dog.

georgia_outdoors

Do you keep your dogs inside during deer hunting season? My dogs don’t chase deer but they can sense that people are in the woods behind our house. I try to keep them inside when I can’t go out with them during hunting season.
We keep our dogs inside the house almost all the time anyways, regardless of whether or not it's hunting season. But, we have a fenced-in yard, so when we do let them outside to play, we don't really fret about hunters.