Music Thread!

oldsarge

Lets post some videos of what we like to listen to! Doesn't matter what it is, Country, Rock, Rap, Blues, Opera or Gospel, It don't matter!

I'll start this off with one of my favorite guitarist, Steve Vai, one hell of a guitar player and showman. Crank up the volume on this one folks...I do!

Steve Vai "Now We Run" - YouTube

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Oldsarge, I would love to, but I don't have the faintest idea of how to do that.

I will tell you what some of my favorite music is, though. My three favorite songs, as of right now, and in no particular order are: The Volga Boatmen; Lady Marmalade; and Daisey a Day. Rather divergent music styles, eh?

I listen to them every so often on the 'net.

oldsarge

Pathfinder, find your video on youtube or where ever you can get it. Copy the address in the address bar and paste it to your post.

oldsarge

I enjoy a wide range of music myself. But mostly Rock, Blues and the older Country from back in the 70's.

ppine

Forester
I try to listen to music that reflects my value system and that means western music, the kind that is not on the radio. Not country, but western music about the outdoors, horses, cattle, solitude, the mountains, mules, love, and romance.

I don't have videos, but like Ian Tyson, Corb Lund, Tom Russell, Robert Earl Keen, Cowboy Celtic, Wylie and the Wild West, Dave Stamey, etc.

Oldsarge. I like your choice. That is a Townes Van Zandt song from Austin, TX the home of alt country.

For variety I like reggae, world beat, Grateful Dead and bluegrass. Has anyone been to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival??

Last edited:

SpencerT

I've gone through a number of shifts in the kind of music I listen to. I use to listen to only dance and techno, and then I got into rap. I started listening to rock, alternative, and 80's music soon after. Now I pretty much listen to everything.

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around my favorite songs are...!!

Thanks...that was so nice to see/hear two of my favorites on this thread.

And, if I might, I'd like to tell you a little about the actual Volga Boatmen.

This song is not about those who actually sailed those boats and ships.

It takes place in the middle of the 1800s, and tells about the hardships of the "human beasts of burden" that actually...by being hitched to ropes and walking along the shore... pulled these boats and ships upstream, against the current...or when there was no wind to sail them...or through the shallow waters that these vessels could not otherwise navigate.

These men were hardy souls, and were all volunteers...!! Without them, there would have been little or no commerce on the mighty Volga.

campclose

Anything Country! I'm loving Jason Aldean right now and Kenny Chesney has always been my favorite. I don't post videos either (not that computer savvy). Anyone can post one for me though!

Grandpa

David Allan Coe, now thats a name I haven't heard for a while. And I thought he was the best of the wild bunch.

I've always been a Statler fan. Back before Lew Dewitt passed on. I was just listening today to "Bed of Roses" and it just wasn't the same with Jimmy instead of Lew.