WW2 Ammo?

DylanT

Saw this online at The Sportsmans Guide. Selling WW2 ammo? Really? Anyone else seen anything like it? They have sold out so someone has bought it! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

catspa

The reliability of it will depend on its conditions of storage, but I've fired 30-06 from the Korean era that worked just fine.

Parker

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Every now and then in Charleston, SC they dig up an unexploded civil war shell. Those things are still viable and have to be disposed of at a bomb range. So 60-70 year old bullets stored properly? I can see them being completely fine. I used to have a mosin-nagant and shot 50 year old 7.62x54 ammo out of it all the time.

CozInCowtown

I have some Nazi 8mm I kept because they were cool. Makes a neat display with a couple of 98 Mausers.
I shot a seperate box that was not in good condition, the box not the ammo, and it shot fine for low quality surplus.
DC

CatsEye

I had some old ammo that I didn't want to fire. I gave it to a friend who used it for target practice and it did fine. He had no problem.

Grandpa

WWII ? I recently gave an old box of ammo to my collector neighbor. Head stamp 45-70 gov UMC. (Union Metalic Cartridge company, bought by Remington way back in the 19 teens. These could have predated the Spanish American War.) and they were in fine shape.

catspa

What I understand, Remington continued to mfgr UMC brass alongside Rem brass for quite some time. I have some .357 UMC brass, which as you know the cartridge wasn't even invented until the mid-30s...

Parker

DylanT

WWII ? I recently gave an old box of ammo to my collector neighbor. Head stamp 45-70 gov UMC. (Union Metalic Cartridge company, bought by Remington way back in the 19 teens. These could have predated the Spanish American War.) and they were in fine shape.
That's quality!