Best S'mores Recipe

state_camper

What's your favorite s'mores recipe? Everyone knows about the classic "graham crackers, marshmallows and Hershey's milk chocolate", but have you ever ventured out and tried other ingredients? My favorite is what I like to call an "Elvis Presley s'more", and it's graham crackers with peanut butter and a banana! Yum!!

BigSky

I'm a purist when it comes to s'mores. Other foods might be delicious, but if it's not graham cracker, marshmallow and Hershey's milk chocolate then it's just not a s'more.

Now something I make sometimes that is inspired by a s'more is Nutella spread on a graham cracker with the toasted marshmallow added. YUM!

Rain

MMMM, Nutella s'mores sound divine. Though I'm a Nutella fiend. I'd put it on pretty much anything. I even sometimes make my own to cut down on the sugar, though it's not quite as good as the original!

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Eat the Hershey bar on the hike to camp, throw the marshmallow in the hot chocolate, and eat the Graham crackers with dinner. Jump up and down so they mix in your stomach.
Defiling the wonderment of Graham crackers by eating them with anything else at the same time is like drawing horns and a goatee on the Mona Lisa. They are perfect just the way they come out of the package.

Grandpa

Eat the Hershey bar on the hike to camp, throw the marshmallow in the hot chocolate, and eat the Graham crackers with dinner. Jump up and down so they mix in your stomach.
Defiling the wonderment of Graham crackers by eating them with anything else at the same time is like drawing horns and a goatee on the Mona Lisa. They are perfect just the way they come out of the package.
Disagree, they are only near perfect. they gotta be dipped in milk to be perfect

georgia_outdoors

I'm a purist when it comes to s'mores. Other foods might be delicious, but if it's not graham cracker, marshmallow and Hershey's milk chocolate then it's just not a s'more.

Now something I make sometimes that is inspired by a s'more is Nutella spread on a graham cracker with the toasted marshmallow added. YUM!
I agree with you about the s'mores! However, I do like the first post about a peanut butter, banana and graham cracker sandwich - I just don't think I'd ever go so far as to call it a "s'more".

I'll have to try your Nutella spread idea, it sounds delish!

state_camper

I like to experiment with fresh fruit, so peanut butter and banana s'mores and strawberry and chocolate s'mores are both winners in my book. :~)

joegres

Oh my gosh I get so hungry when I read your recommendations! I love Nutella and love recipes with it.... it sounds so tasty and delicious. I have to copy that.
In general I love sweet stuff, especially chocolate! I ordered some gourmet chocolate on line and ate them all in a week! When I think of it, I'm a little bit addicted to it ;)

aldove

Just want to include two thin chocolate wafers that are used to sandwich marshmallow between them, with Nutella spread used as a "glue" to hold them in place. Then sandwich the wafers again with Graham crackers on each side, using Nutella spread.

ppine

Forester
After camping for 60 years I tasted one of these things for the first time a couple of years ago. They are good, but they make me feel like a Girl Scout. I have an unexplainable urge to sell cookies, and do my nails.