What if you dont have one?

campernewbie

We do not currently have a camper or a popup, though some of the popups are pretty nice and we have found two people local that are selling their own so with a little elbow grease....you get the idea.

Do most people start out camping just with the normal, pack the car as best you can, get the tents and all else - then move onto campers?

smore

I think that everyone is different. I started with a pop-up. The problem was it was alot of work. We would have to pack everything in the car. Then get to where we were camping and have to set up the pop-up. Then if it rained, we would have to take it down all wet so when we got home we would set it back up so it wouldn't get all moldy.
I could only take about 2 yrs of this.

Now we have a travel trailer. It is so much easier! Everything is stored right in the trailer. We can pack the fridge before we leave. We get there, plug in and are set to go.

Bushman

Do most people start out camping just with the normal, pack the car as best you can, get the tents and all else - then move onto campers?
It all depends on what you prefer. Some people like packing up the car with all the gear and lugging it along. Other people would rather just get a camper and tow it to the camp site.

firefly

Yep, It all depends on each individual preference. I myself like tents. When I first started camping years ago we only had a small pop up. Very inexpensive. But then there was only two of us anyway.