Natural Shelter (No tools)

sfm809

This summer, I'm planning to try a hammock with nothing but a bug net. Sleeping under a tarp was a real eye opener, so I imagine that not having anything block my view at all is going to blow my mind.
Yes! This is something I'd love to do, I just can't see myself sleeping on the ground with nothing at all. Also what about if there's a sudden change in the weather. Good to have a backup tent just in case I would think..

Pathfinder1

Hi...

A tent us very nice. Hangers usually have no trouble with weather if they are also using a tarp for a shelter. The two go quite nicely together (and is much lighter).

Of course, if you're car camping, then the quantity if gear may not matter.

The Dalai Lama went into a pizza joint. The server asked him what he would like. He said "Can you make me one with everything"?

LeadOperator

"Heh. My grandfather taught us that we were the Boogeymen to the things living in the woods. They are more afraid of us than we are of them. You can't fear the Boogeyman if you are the Boogeyman."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

ChadTower

"Heh. My grandfather taught us that we were the Boogeymen to the things living in the woods. They are more afraid of us than we are of them. You can't fear the Boogeyman if you are the Boogeyman."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

Heh. His point of view was more like "This is the forest. Every animal you hear was born here. We were not. We are the strangers - if there is a boogeyman here it is us."

Though, honestly, there was a little mean SOB in there too, as he was a Marine to the bone.