Nature's Hot Tub

firedancer

Firedancer: How much is the rate of the hot springs in Glenwood that you posted to stay there? Looks really a nice place that my wife and kids would definitely enjoy.
I think the lodge runs close to $200 a night, but Glenwood Springs is a decent size town with other chain hotels that you could stay for less. We spent Christmas down the road at the Redstone Inn a few years back and stayed at the Hot Springs lodge for one night. Had been there many times in the summer, but winter was a real treat!
Glenwood Hot Springs: Lodge

campclose

This is not something that I ever thought about doing. Grandpa - you have changed my mind. These pictures and stories are amazing! I live in the NE and never really thought about going West. Now I am and I know I will get there.

Grandpa

This is not something that I ever thought about doing. Grandpa - you have changed my mind. These pictures and stories are amazing! I live in the NE and never really thought about going West. Now I am and I know I will get there.
There are a lot of commercial hot springs around here. Nothing as fancy as Steamboat or Glenwood springs but small family type places. The town of Lava Hot Springs has numerous hot pools;
Lava Hot Springs Idaho Vacation Resort - Hot Pools, Water Park and Swimming Pools

This resort is where I learned to swim thru red cross lessons.
Downata Hot Springs Resort

But if you want backcountry hiking and hot springs, falcon guide has a book, Hot Springs of the Pacific Northwest that is very informative.

TroyS

I think the lodge runs close to $200 a night, but Glenwood Springs is a decent size town with other chain hotels that you could stay for less. We spent Christmas down the road at the Redstone Inn a few years back and stayed at the Hot Springs lodge for one night. Had been there many times in the summer, but winter was a real treat!
Glenwood Hot Springs: Lodge
Thanks so much for the suggestion, firedancer. For a moment there, I kinda almost fell from my seat with the rate. I'll definitely check the other lodges near the Springs to see if I can find a more reasonable rate so that me and my kids can all go there to enjoy it.

RogerWilco

I am so glad I read this and learned about all the hot springs. I have always wanted to visit them and I had no idea that there were so many around.