Whitney Houston died

Blueskyy

I heard on the news this morning that Whitney houston died yesterday. Such a shame that she threw away such talent on alcohol and drugs. So far there is no cause of death, but multiple pill bottles were discovered in her room. I will be suprised if it was not drug related.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Of course it was. If it wasn't from something she took yesterday, it was a cumulative affect.

campclose

I saw that too, what a shame. She was so talented! I loved her music! She was the Queen of Pop Music - so now that is 2 amazing musicians in such a short time (MJ included).

Bumpkin

I heard about it last night. She completely threw away a God given talent that many people would give their right arm for. Really a sad, sad situation.

hikingprincess

It is sad that someone so talented fell in with drugs and alcohol and threw it all away. I would have to agree with dinosaur on this one that even if she didn't take anything yesterday, she probably died from the cumulative effects years of being an addict can take on your body.

oldsarge

I think her life was fine until she hooked up with Bobby Brown, after that is was nothing but a struggle. So sorry to see such fine talent go to waste.

Hazel

It's such a shame that a star that once burned so brightly, flickered to such an abrupt end. She was truly talented and with that, came so much pressure and stress. God only knows how each of us would have handled it. My prayers are with her family and loved ones tonight.

P.S. There for the grace of God go I.

Last edited:

Tristan

Her passing is so sad. It does sound like everything in her life went bad when she got together with Bobby Brown. I'll always remember her singing the national anthem. With all the sensational stuff in the media right now, that's probably how her family would like for her to be remembered.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Boo hoo.

How many of our soldiers died in some craphole country last month that we will never hear about? But another rich has-been celebrity throws away their life for drugs and the nation mourns.

WTF is wrong with us?

joegres

I was very shocked when I heard about this news. It's always like that when popular people are dying where you thought that they will live forever- because they always were there. Do you know what I mean?

Pathfinder1

Theosus; How many of our soldiers died in some craphole country last month that we will never hear about? But another rich has-been celebrity throws away their life for drugs and the nation mourns. WTF is wrong with us?[/QUOTE said:
Hi...

Unfortunately, what you say is very true. I get weekly newspapers about the Military (not BY the Military) which gives details each week on how many of our fighting men and women were killed during the previous week.

Their average ages is usually around nineteen years old...!!

Didn't know it would be a double post...sorry.

Last edited:

Pathfinder1

How many of our soldiers died in some craphole country last month that we will never hear about? But another rich has-been celebrity throws away their life for drugs and the nation mourns.

WTF is wrong with us?

Hi...

Unfortunately, what you say is very true. I get weekly Military-related newspapers (not printed BY the military) that print the names, photos, etc. of our fighting men and women who were killed the previous week.

Their averages ages are frequently around nineteen years old. Sad, but true.