What is the worst thing about camping?

dashboardc33

What is the worst thing about camping? While most of us really enjoy camping, there has to be one reason why we don't like it. Is it the bugs? Maybe it is the fact that cooking a good meal is a lot harder? My least favorite thing about camping is having to sleep on the ground. Although we use inflatable mattress pads, which are really high end and expensive, I still get a sore back in the morning. I also dislike that there aren't showers. Bathing in the lake is just not the same.

Barney

Bugs! I hate them which is funny considering how often I am outside and I never seem to get use to them. I don't hate all bugs, but just big nasty ones.

Lamebeaver

My wife will say it's doing laundry when we get home.

Nice thing about backpacking, you don't go through as many clothes, as you don't bring as many.

dashboardc33

I am quite surprised to seem some of your responses. I think it is funny that the worst thing is gear addiction and not being able to camp enough. :) hehe.

I'm not bothered much by bugs, but I don't like when the mosquitos are around my kids. We usually do a heavy duty grass spray down before we start unpacking any of our gear though.

carmen

Not enough time spent by the time we get there, kids getting into ivy and random bugs attacking me. Those are the three top things that get me going during each trip. I almost want to double up on my vacation the next time we head out.

Davefromva

Tool-Shed
I am with Old sarge and judy ann together. Spend to much on gear and then dont get to use it enough. haha
Im the same way. I've been buying all this gear but never getting the chance to use it like it want. Now im looking into making all of my own gear. Im finding its not as hard as it looks. And finding the materials is actually pretty easy. Currently gathering the supplies for making my own goose down sleeping bag.

littlefire

I'm surprised no one has said this yet, my worst part of camping is having to pee without a toilet! I'm always afraid I'm going to meet up with a grizzly mid-stream. :(

Emily

Novice Adventurer
The worst thing about camping is someone farting in the tent during a rainstorm. There is just no escaping it! :) I do not like going home, either.