Paranormal Camping?

hummingbird

Give me a break!! A friend was telling me that they had gone on an informal "ghost hunt" in Yellowstone. I've never been there but honestly, I have trouble believing in the paranormal in the first place let alone in Yellowstone. Has anyone ever had anything happen they thought was paranormal while camping. I'm pretty hard to spook. :)

Dwayne Oakes

Give me a break!! A friend was telling me that they had gone on an informal "ghost hunt" in Yellowstone. I've never been there but honestly, I have trouble believing in the paranormal in the first place let alone in Yellowstone. Has anyone ever had anything happen they thought was paranormal while camping. I'm pretty hard to spook. :)
Sorry its not my thing. But could you image seeing the eye shine from a
flashlight of a pack of 15 wolves in Yellowstone starring at you from a across a lake.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Dream Wonder Images

Esperahol

Hike in enough heavily wooded areas prone to fog and you'll certainly have a good scare come dusk or dawn. Even moreso if you like to drink the way some of my friends do.

oldsarge

Not a believer myself.....but it is fun to mess with the hardcore spook nuts and watch them squirm.

shaun

I don't believe in any of that nonsense. I do believe your mind can play tricks on you and conjure up things which aren't there. I'm more concerned about wild animals with teeth and claws when I am camping.

ejdixon

None personally. Don't also really believe in those kinds of stuff. But this one guy that our friend tagged along with us to go camping one weekend apparently did. It was rather quite an entertaining experience, though.

Hikenhunter

I don't believe in any of that nonsense. I do believe your mind can play tricks on you and conjure up things which aren't there. I'm more concerned about wild animals with teeth and claws when I am camping.
Wild animals with teeth and claws give me some small concern but my biggest worry is two legged, erect walking, homosapiens. Although I've never encountered one that made me feel threatened while in the back country, I do know that there are bad ones lurking damn near everywhere.

Last edited:

Grandpa

Naw, the ghosts stay away when the Sasquatch land in their flying saucers.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Esperahol

Naw, the ghosts stay away when the Sasquatch land in their flying saucers.:tinysmile_twink_t2:
I'm sorry sir, but you are not authorized to have that information nevermind release it. You're gonna need to come down to the station. It should only take a few hours and there is no need to contact anyone. Just come along quietly and we can get this all worked out.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I think anything is possible but I don't know anything about the paranormal. Never had time for it. I used to have a parachute. Does that count?

IndianaHiker

I do believe that all things are composed mass and energy then yes I believe that energy from the deceased could be around. That fact seams possible to me as middle school science tells us that neither mass nor energy can be destroyed only transferred. Now if that energy is around in the form of a ghost I don't know nor am I concerned about it doing me any harm.

hummingbird

The wolves and the human scum issues scare me much more than something that couldn't hurt me anyway. The horror movies that give me a scare are the ones that have some deranged person who is out in the bush and some innocent (or not so innocent :D) hikers come along and they are captured for body parts or for dinner.

I am ready to entertain the issue that energy hangs around IndianaHiker, but I'm not sure that it stays in a coherent mass that could manifest itself in actual form. Any way you take it though, I'm not really easy to spook unless you tell me there are 50 rabid raccoons out there trying to find me specifically. THAT would scare me. :D

IndianaHiker

The wolves and the human scum issues scare me much more than something that couldn't hurt me anyway. The horror movies that give me a scare are the ones that have some deranged person who is out in the bush and some innocent (or not so innocent :D) hikers come along and they are captured for body parts or for dinner.

I am ready to entertain the issue that energy hangs around IndianaHiker, but I'm not sure that it stays in a coherent mass that could manifest itself in actual form. Any way you take it though, I'm not really easy to spook unless you tell me there are 50 rabid raccoons out there trying to find me specifically. THAT would scare me. :D
Not sure that it does either. However kinds of interesting to note that all the energy and matter that ever was in the universe is still around in one way or another.

ladymtnwalker

orbs

In 2009 we were backpacking in the Olympics and our friend Steve noticed colored orbs inside of his tent. He got out of his tent and there several different colored orbs above our tent. He took many photos. I've only seen them on the playback, but from everything I have researched they were paranormal in some way. I tried to post a link to a similar photo, but alas, I haven't had 15 posts yet. :(

Spoooky to say the least. :tinysmile_aha_t:

JeepThrills

I do believe that all things are composed mass and energy then yes I believe that energy from the deceased could be around. That fact seams possible to me as middle school science tells us that neither mass nor energy can be destroyed only transferred. Now if that energy is around in the form of a ghost I don't know nor am I concerned about it doing me any harm.
I have a friend that actually does paranormal investigations and I have seen some very interesting photos from their cases. I believe the energy does linger. I don't know if ghosts would be hanging out in Yellowstone. I guess a spirit could be stuck there if they died there, but I think for the most part the animals would be the bigger threat.

TroyS

I have a friend that actually does paranormal investigations and I have seen some very interesting photos from their cases. I believe the energy does linger. I don't know if ghosts would be hanging out in Yellowstone. I guess a spirit could be stuck there if they died there, but I think for the most part the animals would be the bigger threat.
They have quite a lot of ceremonies that deal with spirits so it's possible. Not really sure that's it's real or not. But I'd rather respect these areas.