Small compact canopy

46u

Is there any such thing? I have looked and can not find anything. Need something if it is raining to sit under for cooking or what ever. Nothing worst then siting in a small tent most of the day if it is raining. I would like it to be at least 8x8 feet if possible.
Thanks
Jeff

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Whether car camping or backpacking, a large variety of non-canvas (poly?) tarps of many sizes are available.

For lightweight...the bigger box camping/hiking strores. Otherwise, many farm stores and catalogs have them.

For least expensive, try The Sportsman's Guide catalog or their web site for starters.

46u

This will be motorcycle camping so I look for back packing stuff. I have done a bunch of surfing for what I am looking for but have not found anything really compact. I know all about and even have several canopies but nothing compact. Though maybe someone might have or know where to get something. Guess I can keep looking.
Thanks

46u

The Sportsman's Guide catalog has about the same thing as everyone else. I been looking at the emergency shelter but cannot find anyone that states the packed size.
Thanks

46u

I will check camp-mor later today. Not sure I will always have trees to tie a tarp to. I will be travailing all over US and Canada.
Thanks

swebob

Is there any such thing? I have looked and can not find anything. Need something if it is raining to sit under for cooking or what ever. Nothing worst then siting in a small tent most of the day if it is raining. I would like it to be at least 8x8 feet if possible.
Thanks
Jeff
If you happen to have BIGLOTS store where you live, you can pick up a 8 x 6 poly tarp for 3 dollors and they fold up very small and are very light.

wvbreamfisherman

Look around for telescoping poles, or get replacement folding tent poles (with the bungee cord in the middle), and cut them to the length you need and retie the bungee cord. use three or four and some cord and tent pegs to hold up a cheap poly tarp.