Pup

Dannytoo

I just bought a new tent, havn't even had a chance to use it yet :tinysmile_twink_t2:and now I have started looking at pup's. My wife, who's refuses to go camping with me thinks I've lost it. :tinysmile_hmm_t:
I've had a couple of travel trailers but not a popup.
Awnings, for those who have a pup with an awning do you use it? I had them on my TT and I used them every time I went just wonding how much trouble they are on the pups?:tinysmile_fatgrin_t also I have some idea what I want but if y'all would make suggestions on options it would be a big help. Camping most of the time by myself with grandkids from time to time.

lor

We had a pop up & always put up the awning. You had to put holes in the ground to put the poles in (that hold up the awning). If yours is like that, the only thing 'bad' was that you had poles in the 'yard' getting in the way. Our dog was on a leash & ran aroung on of the poles & pulled it down.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Your wife is right, you've lost it. Thank God!! Keep doing it. God wants you to be happy.

Cappy

After cranking up the roof, screwing down the stabilizer legs, pulling out the beds, setting up the canvas suports over the beds, the suports under the beds, setting up the inside stringing our gas, water, electricity etc. ya worried about the awning being trouble?????:tinysmile_aha_t:

Marshmallow

You haven't lived until you've had an unruly pop-up camper to deal with. We started out years ago with a small tent and thought we had arrived when we graduated to a pop-up. Were we ever wrong!

ejdixon

After cranking up the roof, screwing down the stabilizer legs, pulling out the beds, setting up the canvas suports over the beds, the suports under the beds, setting up the inside stringing our gas, water, electricity etc. ya worried about the awning being trouble?????:tinysmile_aha_t:
Good point, Cappy! Hahahaha!!!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Dannytoo

have you thought about a teardrop . i have one and use an ez up if it rains or not in a shaded lot .
Hey Alex
Yes I have looked at them, I am thinking that 1 or 2 grandkids will be going with me, a bathroom would be needed (girls).
Thank you for the suggestion.

Agfadoc

I have a Fleetwood Williamsburg popup and love it. It was the only way I could get the wife out in the woods. It has a nighttime bathroom for emergencies, and 2 king begs for when my daughter and her kids come to play.

I really love roughing it, but anytime I can get my family together without game systems, tv and cell phones, I am happy to entertain.

It's work for about 30 minutes, and then it's time to relax. It pulls like it's not even back there and is self contained, I did the solar panels, and mods, but use the awning each and every time.

I hook bungie straps to the legs of the awning and attach them to those twist in the ground stakes, they will move but they won't fall. The kids can bump into them, the wind can blow within reason and it stays up nicely. I always setup the awning before I lift the roof, and it just follows as the roof goes up.

ppine

Forester
When it comes to pup's, I like Border Collies, but a Golden Retreiver would be nice.
What the hell are you talking about?

wvbreamfisherman

You haven't lived until you've had an unruly pop-up camper to deal with. We started out years ago with a small tent and thought we had arrived when we graduated to a pop-up. Were we ever wrong!
Wait til the cable breaks, and one end of the top falls further than the other and rips the anchor points loose from the roof.... when you have to hit the road in three hours or so to meet people.

I sure did a lot of quick fixing and reinforcing....