an afternoon shower

Cappy

I thought you poor folks in a drought might like to see a typical afternoon shower in Cajun country. This is a very often afternoon occurrence this time of the year.

dinosaur

troublemaker
No drought here, Cappy. We've had twice the normal rainfall this month. I feel like I'm living in Seattle.

jason

fear no beer
We tend to get afternoon showers here also. Used to be able to time your watch by them. We still get them although it seems more spotty. Got a nice thunderstorm around 11am today. Guess it was a good thing I didn't stain the deck this morning like I thought about.

Grandpa

Typical of our neck of the woods, we get it both ways. No snow all winter then constant rain for a month and now 100 + and no end in sight. Reminds me so much of the winter of 76-77. No snow, then spring rains then hot and dry. Winter of '95-96 was similar but no so extreme. We see the cycle about every 18-20 years, each cycle may very in extremes but the cycles are there.

Cappy

We just got another of those soakers. Thank the Lord I got the back yard(low spot) mowed first. Though it dropped over an inch of rain if thas it I may finish mowing tomorrow the front is higher. I plan to keep a low profile and hang around the house this weekend holiday weekends are way too crowded and dangerous in bayou country for me.

jason

fear no beer
We got a good soaker today. My area needed it, been a week with no rain at the house but all around. Took a few minutes to sit on the back porch and enjoy.