Academy Sports

need2boutside

We recently got an Academy Sporting goods store about two towns over, and everyone kept telling us how great it was and we "had" to get over there. Today my husband and I finally made it and I was really dissappointed. They didn't have much more of a selection than Walmart does and the employees were just downright rude. Here I was hoping we were going to come up on a lot of great outdoor gear for some really good prices. :(

jason

fear no beer
I saw them all over in Texas. Do not have them where I am at in Florida. The people we know in Texas said they get some good items there. They mostly bought things like deep fryers for turkeys and other similar cooking stuff.

With that review though I'm sorta glad we did not stop by one.

beemerphill

Acadamy is ok. They have a nice selection of outdoor goodies, but do sell more of the execize stuff. If you watch for their sales, you can save a bunch. Keep your eyes open for ammo sales there. They used to have them often. Now it is only off and on, but there are bargains to be had.

rockin

We don't have any Academy stores here in NY and I don't think I'm missing anything from the sounds of it. What a disappointment though! You got too hyped up and then they had nothing.