Allergic

Sasha

Any one else here allergic to fish? My dad has a stocked pond and we fish every year. But he is allergic so we just put the fish back in the water. It is nice to fish, but I have never ate what I have caught! Maybe some day I will be able to go salmon fishing and learn how to skin and it!

Bud

I have known people who have had terrible allergic reactions to shell fish. I have never seen anyone having such a reaction, but those who have had them tell me it's nothing to mess with.

Seven

My mother in law is allergic to lobster/crab, but yet she can still eat it in little doses. As she did indulge once when we were out to dinner, she started looking a little blotchy. I am lucky to not have any allergies/allergic to anything at all.

April

I have never known anyone to be allergic to fish or to shell fish. My mom has the weirdest allergy I have heard of as she is allergic to oranges. If even the peeling gets near her she breaks out in a rash or hives.

campclose

Nope, I'm not allergic to fish. I don't think I would fish if I was allergic. So he can touch fish he just cannot eat it? I'm allergic to cats and when I pet my cats I start sneezing and getting itchy. Does your dad get itchy if he touches the fish?

BTBoop

I have never known anyone to be allergic to fish or to shell fish. My mom has the weirdest allergy I have heard of as she is allergic to oranges. If even the peeling gets near her she breaks out in a rash or hives.
I have heard and probably seen almost everything. At least, sometimes I think so and then something new happens. My husband is allergic to raw tomatoes but if they are cooked he has no problem with them.

BigBackyard

What a shame that you can't cook it up. Can you not just do it for you and for some others, and do something else for your dad? Seems a shame to not be able to partake.