Altoids tins

Barney

Use them for keeping Altoids mints. :D I would rarely use them for anything since there are a lot of great container solutions out on the Internet. But they are pretty good for survival kits, if you don't have anything else since they are sturdier than anything you can find in a pinch.

Theo

eyebp's mentor
Alcohol stove. Actually, the start of my stove addiction.

The Kiwi shoe polish tins are good for that as well.

JeepThrills

I seem to be collecting them, but I really haven't started using them for very much. I do keep change inside one in my Jeep. Before I started doing that, I was constantly just tossing the coins into the console.

hikeorbike

I don't eat Altoids, but if I did, I suppose I would use the tins for loose change. I believe they are too small to work as survival kits (unless you only expect a few band aids).

dinosaur

troublemaker
Drill a hole in the top and shove a fuse in it. Fill the tin with gun powder, close it and duct tape it heavily. Take the tin out to the lake, light the fuse and throw it in the water. When it goes off, paddle around and collect the fish for your dinner.

mccallum

Drill a hole in the top and shove a fuse in it. Fill the tin with gun powder, close it and duct tape it heavily. Take the tin out to the lake, light the fuse and throw it in the water. When it goes off, paddle around and collect the fish for your dinner.
That reminds me of the the joke about theguy that took the game warden fishing!!

btatro

I don't really use them whilst camping, but do store safety pins/ tacs in them at home!

TroyS

Mini-sewing kit, container for pre-soaked cotton for the campfire, loose change, container for fuses and safety pins.

mariaandrea

I have lots of these in different sizes and I've reused them all. I have 2 in my tote bag now - one has a small homemade first aid kit in it, the other has a small homemade sewing kit in it. I've used them to store matches in and I have a tin full of mismatched nails and screws. Plus I keep small crafting supplies in them. I keep meaning to make them "pretty" some day, like painting them, but haven't got around to it yet.