Any one from east tennessee

BGreen

No, but I've been visiting there lots of times. My favorite area is Cade's Cove, Tennessee. I always try to visit it just one more time when we're in the area. Those roads around Pigeon Forge can be nightmarish during tourist season, however.

jb_simerly

i live about 15 min from the north carolina state line I do a lot of camping at roan mountain state park anyone here ever camped there

Tristan

East Tennessee is fantastic! It's been awhile since I've been there, but it's one of the best areas in the southeast. It's a lot better for camping than it is for driving, though. You couldn't pay me to maneuver those mountain roads.

pastywhite

Grand Poobah
Ever do any camping there? Been there a couple of times, love the wild life. Might be fun to camp there, dont even know if they allow it in the park????
There's a commercial campground in Cades Cove and a few backcountry sites that allow camping in that area. You have to camp in designated spots in the Smokies.

wvbreamfisherman

Passed thru there yesterday on my way back from New Orleans. Came back up through Knoxville and across I-81 to Kingsport and back up US 23 and US 119 to Charleston.

Pretty drive and beautiful country there around Kingsport.

Stopped at the Smoky Mtn. Knife Works. WOW! The traffic in and out was simply awful! Interesting place though. Lots of quality knives and lots of junk that wouldn't make a decent butterknife. They need a map of the floor so you can head for the brands you want to see.

Prices were good, but not remarkable. A good place to take a break from the road.

SmackontheWeb

Not so much east TN...

I'm half-way between Nashville/Chattanooga in the mountains of the plateau. Haven't had a chance to do much camping in east Tn but have spent a lot of summers riding the mountain roads on my motorcycle. I don't ride anymore but there's plenty of mountain/primative camping in any direction, within an hour drive of here that I don't miss the mountain rides so much.