Anybody camping this weekend?

EarleD

camping with the boy scouts at deer lake in CT. Fishing derby is tomorrow. It pouring right now but is supposed to be nice later tonight and tomorrow.

TakeAHike

We are not camping quite yet. It is only 35 degrees out today and pouring down rain for the 5th day in a row. I don't think we will be getting out there any time soon since the forecast through Wednesday shows more of the same.

Cappy

Sadly our beloved lil camper is still in the shop slurping from our checkbook:tinysmile_tongue_t: So Peg and I are setting up for a bunch of day trips and local festivals. Got the firepit set in the yard, the bbq pit cleaned up and some spare ribs and Boston pork butts we found on sale on standby. Would we rather be set up on some bayou or lake with the camper, jeep and boat??? YA BETCHA:tinysmile_fatgrin_t But a lil set back like our camper money pit being fed, aint gonna dampen these chubby Cajuns enthusiasm, not one bit. They don't call this "Festival Country" for nuffin:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Grandpa

Wrapping up the bowling season at the US Open in Reno this week. Camping starts next week:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Greatoutdoors

No camping this weekend, but probably next weekend or the next we will be. This weekend we will be renting a tiller and getting our garden area ready.

cabinfever

Not here. Right now, it's raining like crazy, and it's down in the 30s, with a wind coming off the ocean. It's just plain nasty out there. The rest of the weekend is supposed to be an improvement, but an inch or more of rain is going to leave the ground pretty soggy.

Cappy

Yesturday we went scouting the river for spots to fish and etc. found a few and I am sure stories will follow. Today finds us on the way to a strawberry festival, we plan to go enjoy te wonerful 70 degree sunshine and come home with a couple flats of fresh berries to supliment our lil patch in the yard.

EarleD

Had a blast with our little 1 night stay at the BSA camp. Was cold and even might have sleeted a bit at nite. Fishing derby was a success.

Reed

Like another poster pointed out, I'll be starting the garden for the next few weeks. After everything is planted I'll go check out one of the national parks up near Flagstaff. It's kind of a yearly ritual.