Anybody tent camp in the winter?

3ofusnow

Has anybody here gone tent camping in the winter? Is it still a good time or is it just too cold to be fun? I have never done it before I have gone in very early spring though.

Gopher

I have but it's not my favorite thing to do. I'm a guy so some things (I won't mention what) are easier for me to do than my wife but then sometimes men have the same problem. THAT's the main reason I don't like to camp in the wintertime.

enzo

No I haven't tried camping in the winter yet. I have never heard of negative outcomes about it from professional campers but I guess it must be very cold to sleep in the tent during the night. I've seen tent camping in the movies so I think I might give it a try.

bugsy

That`s about the only time I like to camp here in Florida. I just too hot in the summer. We do get a little bit of fall weather. Then it`s nice to go camping. I wouldn`t in the snow up north brrrrrrr.

2coastcamper

I went tent camping last winter (January), but it didn't really "count" as it was in North Carolina. I actually snowed, but it was basically 50 degrees the whole time. The temps dipped into the 30s at night, but it wasn't frigid by any stretch of the word.

Shanna

No, Not for me! This girl likes a certain amount of "home" when we're out camping and that includes nice temperatures. If you ever hear of someone having a tent with air conditioning then you know I've been spotted. As it is we camp under the trees to get the nice cool temperatures.

happycamper

We get way too much snow in the winter at times to go camping. I'd rather be all warm and cozy in my house than in a tent in the winter. I can't imagine anyone camping in the Winter around the Northeast. Too cold.

Lightfoot

I remember when I was a kid, my parents would take us camping in the Smoky Mountains during the winter. I would bundle up under every blanket I could find!

Bumpkin

Hmmm, I love being outdoors in the winter, but sleeping outside would be taking things a bit too far for me. In the colder regions of the country you'll likely find me sitting in front of a fireplace after a day of wintery activity. Until they make a tent with a fireplace, count me out :)

lovelife

I remember going camping in the winter with the girl scouts. We were not in a tent, we were in cabins. It was fun! We would spend the day doing both inside and outside activities. Then in the evening sit around the campfire! I use to love going!