Anyone Travel Full Time?

Camoguy

I've heard of a lot of retired people selling everything and buying an RV and traveling full time. I have heard of them taking jobs as docents or as campground reps in the campgrounds they go to for extra money. I would absolutely love to do this after I retire. Do you think you could do this?

Fox38

I would love to do this. I am trying to get things settled so that I can do this when I retire. It would be awesome to travel from state to state in a RV. It's a life long dream of mine!

foxylady

I agree I think this would be a rocking good time. I absolutely love to travel and don't see myself staying in one place long once I retire.

Bruen

I could absolutely do this one day.... IF I ever retire. I spend quite a lot of time away from home traveling now, and sometimes I get resentful paying for a home I'm never in!

Bumpkin

I hear ya, Bruen. My husband has been on the road since March and he's asked me a couple of times if I would be up for selling the house and just buying a nice camper. In the past six months he has been home a grand total of six or seven days (not all at once). If this traveling madness continues I might just go for it before the end of the year.

Paige

Oh my that sounds WONDERFUL! I would love to do that. Of course I would have to make sure I saved enough money back so that I could fly home if something was wrong with one of the family. But traveling with my husband and seeing all of the US and Canada is something I've been wanting to do for so long!

hydethebeef

I do not travel all the time but my parents do. I miss them when they are gone but I think it is wonderful that they get to see and do so much. They always send pics and post cards and I love to collect them.

oldmangunner

I do not think I could travel full time. I have a lot of friends and family and I think I would miss them too much to do that. I like nature but I also like having a central place, my home.

Jimbo

Absolutely. The wife and I seem to move quite a bit as it is, so we definitely have gypsy blood in us anyway. It would just seem like a natural thing to do.

TonyC

Love to Camp in TT
That would be a dream come true. to travel all through this beautiful country of ours and see all the special places and meet some interesting people. Wow, I can't wait till I can do this.

Ms. Nibbles

We will be traveling full time most of this year with our 4 daughters. We will be homeschooling them. All of us are looking forward to it. I love to stay in state park campgrounds. So many times you can see wildlife in the early morning or early evening hours, too.

ejdixon

Right now, it sounds like a good idea when I retire. But let's see how it goes. Retirement for me is still like another 30 years so we'll see. :)