Aversion to dirt

Bambi

I know folks missing out on enjoying what the outdoors has to offer simply because they have an aversion to dirt. Once I overcame it, I started having lots more fun!

Rider One

Yeah, I think that would be a shame. I wonder if their kids are allowed to even play outside. Dirt is just a part of life. Now I can understand about slimy mud, but not basic dirt.

Jade

Being outdoors isn't "clean"... anyone that has an aversion to dirt should stay indoors and leave the glories of Mother Nature to those of us that don't mind and actually appreciate a little earthiness. :)

Erwin

Wow I don't know anyone that has aversions to dirt. I guess it is because I surround myself with those that enjoy what I do. People just don't know/understand/care what they are missing!!

Betty

I admit that I used to be in that category and it's something I had to come to terms with. Now, the dirtier I get, the more fun I'm having.

Frederico

When I was a child I was very proud of my mud pies.
Hee hee - I'm still rpoud of mine. What else is there to do on a riverbank whilst waiting for the fish to bite ?

"Dirt" is a social construct I think. The real issue is hygiene. get dirty - then get clean.

Joe S.

To me, it is so liberating to get good and dirty outside! The real world is not a hermetically sealed thing like a little snow globe you put on your desk next to your computer!

Gondor

I don't mind the dirt, I actually love it! I feel incomplete when my face is not fully covered in dried mud from the trip. :)

woodsman

Automysophobia means they are afraid of their own dirt not the one you find outdoors. As far as being afraid of getting dirt on you, I imagine your life would be very difficult all around.

twodogs

steven randall
Dirt is why I have portable canvas shower, works good and is popular in my camp with my wife ! And you Know what they say ,Happy wife a happy life ! Mama Not Happy nobodys happy !