Backpacking in Thailand

basecamp

Backpacking in Thailand has been made famous in recent years by the best-selling cult novel *The Beach*, which was also adapted in to a feature film starring Leonardo Di Caprio. Backpacking in Thailand is a fantastic thing to do on your gap year for many reasons. You are almost certain to meet loads of other like-minded backpackers, it is extremely easy to get about, accommodation is plentiful and inexpensive, the food is tasty and it is generally hot and sunny year round. What really makes backpacking in Thailand such a great thing to do, however, is its unique culture and the wide variety of things to see and do there - from the exciting metropolis of Bangkok to its stunning beaches and beautiful jungle locations.

The big decision to make when you leave Bangkok is whether to head north or south :D :D

bluet

That beach is a true wonder of asia. The sunset views in the movie looks so cool, and the atmosphere is quite and nice

agnes21

Backpacking in thailand is very dangerous if you do it yourself. Yes, its true that they have a wonderful beach, popular travel destinations, many people can speak english, and so on. But still you can lost or wallet in the middle of the night

boxoff

I've never been there but I would definitely like to go one of these days. I heard Thailand summers are the best and so are most of the people. The food is to die for and very spicy compared to what we know. Hopefully one of these days I can afford it and make my wish come true.

azwan

Yes Thailand have a wonderful beach if I'm not mistaken it located at Phuket. Not only the beach but their food also delicious and quite spicy. The girls also beautiful and friendly when meeting foreigner. But political situation there may be raise a little problem.

Traveler

Backpacking in thailand is very dangerous if you do it yourself. Yes, its true that they have a wonderful beach, popular travel destinations, many people can speak english, and so on. But still you can lost or wallet in the middle of the night
I have to disagree with you. I have been to Thailand and people are so kind and helpful. I would agree if you have said that taxi drivers asks for extra money from you but generally Thailand is safe. They treat foreigners very well because tourism is their main business.