Backpacking through Europe

smore

When my neice was married, for their honeymoon they decided to go backpacking threw Europe! I was so surprised. They really didn't have a plan, but it was wonderful that they were able to experience this.

Has anyone been backpacking threw a different country? What were your experiences?

climber4life

I've been backpacking before. I lived in England for a bit and while I did that I backpacked around. I loved staying in the hostels and meeting all of the interesting people. Everyone was very helpful!

stickem

I'm not much of a backpacker but I think I'd like heading through the woods of Europe. I've been to Germany and the countryside is much different than the US. I wouldn't mind exploring it more.

claire

My mom went when she was a teenager and she loved it. She thought it was a great way to meet different people. That being said, she went in the early 1960s, and would never want me to go today and do the same.

3ofusnow

I would be happy just to be able to backpack through a few states in the US! We have a friend who has actually hiked across America twice!

Pebbles

I've been backpacking before. I lived in England for a bit and while I did that I backpacked around. I loved staying in the hostels and meeting all of the interesting people. Everyone was very helpful!
I've heard that you have to be careful with staying in the hostels. I was told that some are nice, but then there are others that can be kind of scary. Is there some place, maybe online, where you can check them out?

calanta

A gaming friend just got back from his after college trip and he loved it, even though he did admit half way through they stopped and got a hotel as the "wonders of the UK" as he put it (the pubs they ran into), just took them by surprise. I am still trying to see how he ran into a pub during a hike outing.

Christie

I am still trying to see how he ran into a pub during a hike outing.

I would can that a wondrous twist of fate that sometimes happens out there in nature.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

I wish I would have taken advantage of seeing some of Europe when I was younger and more easy going. What a great adventure.