Bernanke is an idiot

Grandpa

Our local FFA chapter has a "community garden" project. Not sure all their rules but I know they are taking fresh produce to a lot of the widows and needy in town.

DylanT

We have been living beyond our means for decades and the ships are now hitting the fan. Got nothing to do with policies of the past few years.

dinosaur

troublemaker
You guys have the right of it. The drive to tax the richer portion of our population has hit snags again and again because they can buy off the people who make the laws and vote on them.
Incorrect. For the most part, the Federal government does not tax wealth. Only the states do that or you wouldn't have property tax. What you are referring to, unless I miss my guess, is taxing large wage earners who already pay something north of 90% of the income taxes paid in this country. What you are suggesting is penalizing productivity. No one asked you to be a peon. And no one is going to take your home away from you simply because you own it.

The "richer" for the most part are people who busted their ass to acheive wealth. Now you want to say they don't deserve it and take some, if not all, of it away from them. That is Communism. We are Capitalists.

CozInCowtown

If we are ever to have a true "fair", everybody pay their part, tax then the flat tax is the way to go.
All taxes, income taxes, property taxes, death taxes, blah-blah-blah go away ( along with 95% if the IRS) and a final sales tax on all products for everybody is imposed.
The more you buy (corporations, rich people, poor people, and so on )the more you pay in taxes. Flat rate for everybody!
Everybody pays their fair share.
JMO,
DC

Greatoutdoors

If we are ever to have a true "fair", everybody pay their part, tax then the flat tax is the way to go.
All taxes, income taxes, property taxes, death taxes, blah-blah-blah go away ( along with 95% if the IRS) and a final sales tax on all products for everybody is imposed.
The more you buy (corporations, rich people, poor people, and so on )the more you pay in taxes. Flat rate for everybody!
Everybody pays their fair share.
JMO,
DC
I absolutely agree with you there. If we had been doing that all along we might not have so much of the "class warfare" issues we have today.