Big sleeping bags?

Olive

I'm a plus-size gal and I have the hardest time finding a large yet light weight sleeping bag. I found a few larger sleeping bags but they are not made with lightweight materials. Has anyone found a nice generous cut sleeping bag that is made with lightweight materials? I mean I'm already heavy, I don't need to carry even more excess weight in a super heavy sleeping bag!

Geordie

I've never heard of a bag expander, it might be enough to get the Missus to at least spend a night out of doors again: she can't fit into a regular sized sleeping bag anymore, either.

outwest

I have heard of them but I have never seen them online that were in stock, it seems like many people need them and they sell out pretty quick. Good find though!

Olive

Refrigerator, That's perfect! I've checked at outdoor stores and never saw an expander. I like the big agnes with the attached pads and the extra 7 inches sounds great!

Stormypath

Thanks for sharing that. I have one sleeping bag that is huge, but the other one I have issues getting into these days. Some one should start making plus size sleeping bags, they , make extra long ones.

konadownhill

Talked to a salesman at my local supplier. Bag companies know that there target market for ultralight gear are people that carry very little excess fat / body weight. It's just a demographic, nothing personal. That said, try a TNF Hotlum XL. I'm 5'10" and 220 lbs (well outside their demographic) and this bag is fairly lightweight and fits well.

yosemitefan

We used to zip our sleeping bags together and that seemed to work pretty well...but then it was two people sleeping in them so we were able to stay pretty warm : )