Bringing Pets To The Race

DMan

We go to a lot of motocross races because my son races motocross. I'm amazed at the number of people who bring their dogs. Basically pets have to be on a leash at all times and what with the dirt and noise, it's not always a great environment for pets. I guess they just don't have anyone to look after them, but I do feel sorry for these big dogs especially in the heat of the summer.

Grandpa

I really can't imagine people subjecting their pets to that noise and dirt. One of my daughters married a wannabe race car driver so we spent a few years of summer Saturdays at the local stock car tracks. That noise was bad enough for us let alone a dog with its superior hearing.

joegres

I guess these people have no other choice than to bring their pets with them, maybe they have nobody at home to take care of them.... but I doubt that the races are a good place for dogs, the noise and the dirt could make them nervous... or even aggressive!

rayne

Poor dogs. Surely there would be someone to look after them while they are gone. You didn't say if these were day races or overnighters. I sure hope they found an out of the way place with lots of shade to tie these dogs to while the race was going on.

carmen

Our pets would never fall for something like this even if we bribed them with the best treats and toys that money could buy. Both of our dogs hate loud noises, even watching a movie too loud will turn out bad for us.

Marshmallow

It really is difficult to find someone to keep your pet for you when you're away from home, unless you have some type of trade-off arrangement. People who don't have dogs don't want one usually, even for a little while.

Grandpa

My dogs stay home and neighbor kids care for them. Since the neighbors have to drive a few miles to get here, mom or dad is there too. Kids get a healthy boost to their allowance, dogs get excellent care and property gets watched real close twice a day.

campclose

Serious? People bring pets to motorcross races? Why would they do this? I would never have taken my dog to a race. It's too loud and too many people. My dog would have hated it!