Bug bites and toothpaste

lovetohunt

I would consider this wilderness survival! Who likes to get bitten by mosquitoes? Not me. I learned a great trick. Rub white toothpaste on a bug bite and it will stop the itch. I was bit so many times last weekend. I went to work on Monday with dried on toothpaste on my ankles and I never itched once!

smellslikedirt

Does that work on mosquito bites only or would it work on red ant bites as well. When you say white toothpaste what kind are you referring to? We have a problem with red ants here and someone is always getting bit.

lovetohunt

I'm not sure about any other kinds of bites. I had mosquito bites. I mean not a gel toothpaste or a colored one. Just the plain white toothpaste. It's cheap and works well.

RoughRider

That's a good tip. I would rather look spotted than to itch to pieces. I worked outside at dusk the other night and got so many mosquito bites, I looked like I had the chicken pox.

Luvoutdoors

That's a good tip there. I had never heard that toothpaste would stop the itch from bug bites and that's something you are probably going to have with you!

primitivesite

Lavender oil also works to heal bugbites quickly. It's not as easy to find as toothpaste. You have to have purchased some in advance.