Buying ammo

outdoors Joe

When I buy ammo, which isn't often, I usually buy it in a store. I hadn't thought about buying it online. Can you save money online?

Fox38

My brother buys it at Gander Mountain most of the time. I don't think he has ever bought it online. I wonder what kinds of checks they do online before you can buy it?

Luvoutdoors

Far as I know there are no checks to buy it online but I will ask my hubby he shops for ammo online from time to time. We buy most of ours at the local Walmart but it really depends on what you are looking for. Ammo can be kind of scarce these days.

jason

fear no beer
I can tell you when UPS delivers it, and it is shipped properly, we will check your ID before delivering. I have heard of a person saving money online, but cannot remember the websites.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Try The Sportsman's Guide. They always have deals on ammunition. I don't really buy ammo anymore. I load my own. But I still use the website for gear.

greensteelforge

buying online only saves money in bulk. Ammo is heavy, and expensive to ship, so even if you save a couple bucks on a box or two of shells, you'll likely lose your savings in shipping and handling. If you really want to save money on ammo, buy a good reloading set-up, and save your casings. I buy plinking ammo online in bulk about once a year, and occasionally have to order some of the more uncommon rounds. For most of my hunting and shooting, I just load a batch of cartridges, or pick something up at whatever winds up being the most convenient store. Ammunition ships as hazardous material, so it requires an ID check and generally a signature for delivery. Make sure you know what you're buying, nobody will accept a return on ammunition!

dinosaur

troublemaker
Right. Cheaper Than Dirt is a good one for bulk buying. Another alternative is to make friends with the owner of your local gun shop. If you're ordering by the case, he'll probably be able to do it pretty cheap because he doesn't tack on shipping and handling. He just adds it to his next order and you can usually get it within a week to ten days.

Next question, 19mustang69, do you have one? I used to have a 69 Mustang-Acapulco blue, fastback, 302, solid lifters, four speed, 140 mph. It was a beast. I wish I still had it.