campfire banana splits

familytents

I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds like an easy and yummy campfire treat for the kiddos, and for me too.

Take bananas and slice down the middle, leaving on the peel. Make the opening fairly large and add chocolate chips, pressing them down slightly in the middle. Then add marshmallow (minature) and wrap with foil. Put them on the grill or coals on one side for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Let cool briefly, then open packets and serve with whipped cream and/or spices.

campclose

We have had these and they are really good. The key is to not cook them too long. We never put any spices on them. I wonder what kind of spices would taste good with them?

carmen

I could see the topping be endless with this one. I would add in some tiny cherries, husband loves them and sometimes I steal his. Not too sure about the cocoanut but I would be okay with some nutmeg or vanilla topping.

RingTwist

That sounds scrumptious! I agree that some cinnamon and nutmeg would really top it off. Coconut would probably be ok too, if you don't put too much on.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Some cookie dough!..... but I'm not sure if it would get hot enough to taste good and gooy like a cookie. =[

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Hey, I just realized, they MAKE cookie dough bites now. I bet you could cut a few up and slide them into the banana!

Greatoutdoors

These sound like they would be really good and really easy. This is kind of like a do it yourself sundae so everyone could put what they wanted on it.

Cappy

It helps when ya got banannas growing in the yard.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t We split them and load them with brown sugger, butter, chocolet chips, marsh mellows, etc and wrap and put on the bbq pit. They are a real crowd pleaser