Campground activities

campclose

For all of you who camp at campgrounds (not in the wilderness) do you usually join in on the activities? There is a campground next to me and they do hayrides every Friday night. We go there often for those. They also have holiday themed weekends and we try to join in on those too. They had a new adult night this season - it was gambling. We did not go but probably will next year.

Boboque

We don't usually. If we car camp, we usually stay pretty close to the fire either that or we are off on our own and hiking somewhere. I'm pretty people shy so I don't like to be in large crowds.

Marshmallow

Our kids and grandkids are what guarantee we'll participate in activities. We have participated in carnival-type games, frog-jumping contests, dances, magic shows, religious services outdoors, bingo, crafts, campfire songs and a dozen other great activities.

ppine

Forester
Almost never. I saw a historical presentation of John Muir once by an actor that was exceptional in Yosemite before it was loved to death.

campclose

You know it's the kids that get us out there too. We have made some great friends while camping. We go to whatever the kids want to do and then we get chatting. Of course at night it's time to sit by the fire and tell stories.

CozInCowtown

Yes, if we are staying at a campground that has something that looks fun we are generally game.
We camp alot with foster kids so we gotta feel out the activity and the kiddo compatability. Some don't know how to handle good clean fun, some just have bad attitudes and just set and sulk, most have a good time after they discover there are no strings attached.
Campgrounds can be lotsa good clean fun and a great way to meet new friends.
DC

Yab9

I never joined their activities, I prefer to be on my own and do my activities :) Of course, I usually camp in the woods or mountains but sometimes campgrounds are a good place to set up your tent.

shaun

We don't participate in the 'communal' activities at the campground. I prefer to avoid the campground in general and I don't like the idea of joining in with the activities you mention. I would rather spend quality time with my son.

carmen

The kids get you every time and that is how we started too. Now we talk over for the parents when they get tuckered out, no idea how we can last longer than them but maybe its in our nature. The kids love the treasure hunts best.

ejdixon

Whenever I'm camping out with my family, I'd accompany my nephews to some of their activities. My fiancee and I did attend one of the star gazing activities at Bryce Canyon. It went okay. It was something different.

Esperahol

Sure so long as it involves guns - paintball, watergun fights, who can shoot the buck with the most points, who can bag the most ducks, lasertag at dusk or dawn, nerf wars. Anything with a gun and the possibility of performing the most exaggerated "death" ever.