Camping Buddies

littlefire

Who are the people you prefer to go camping with? I like going with my Aunt and Uncle, they are always a good time. They really know how to rough it, too.

Hikenhunter

I have several friends who have been backpacking with me for years. Basically we all learned together. When I backpack I also enjoy the company of my grandsons and my dog Copper. For all other camping My one backpacking buddie and his wife, my wife, Copper and the grand kids. I can also tolerate a few other people as long as they let me do what I do my way.If they want to do things their way as long as it doesn't affect me thats fine. I do not like camping with anyone who tries to force me to follow an agenda that I don't want to follow. I am a team player if activities and such are worked out together before a trip but if they haven't been then I will certainly know what I want to do and I will do things that I want to do, when I want to do them and the way that I want to do them.

eyebp

Senator
My favorite person is my son. I also have a group that stretches across the southeast that I meet up with a couple times a year.

Bojib

Other than my wife, I don't have any friends or buddies. So, when she doesn't want to go, I'm pretty much a loner.

Consider yourselves very lucky if you have other than enjoy the things you do and get a chance to have some company on a trip.

Grandpa

Since my dog won't help with the cooking, my first choice would be Grandma. After that, any and all of the grandkids, then the kids and their spouses. However I do have some great friends that I get together with each summer for a backpack or three. One of my sisters families are also great choices from her husband all the way down to the her great grandkids. And I really don't mind my own company on a hike or two. I guess I have a whole plethora of backpacking and camping buddies.

dinosaur

troublemaker
My wolf, my sidearm and my shotgun are my favorite companions although there was this one girl.......but I spent too much time in the tent.

ppine

Forester
Whoever you can get along with when you are tired and hungry.

Edit- That includes old friends and family.

Last edited:

Pathfinder1

Hi...

No family members are currently interested, except for my sister...and she goes on treks around the world with others...treks that I could never keep up with.

Most of my old friends...camping or otherwise...are deceased...or in rehab joints, etc.

And, I'm pretty much restricted to UTE camping...unless a miracle happens, and my PT turns things around. Probably not likely, though.

So, it's just me now...although I do enjoy the company of others when we meet when afield.

ponderosa

My husband and daughters, my dad and younger brother, a couple of girlfriends who now live too far away to see much, and until the last couple of years since her health has really started to decline, my grandmother.

MissyKitty

I usually go with my best friend or alone. When i need some time away i usually go alone. I like the quiet and the isolation, gives me time to think. But when i feel like going together with someone i usually ask my best friend, we have had so many laughs on our trips.

ppine

Forester
Ponderosa,
I love to hear about elderly people that still go. Like old cow dogs. They still belong out there. When I am too old to hunt, I will be the camp cookie and hang around camp a lot.
I have been on trail rides with people in their 90s who had a million stories and were really fun to listen to. One old guy named Ike was a pro horse packer in the 1930s. He claimed that a string of pack animals was 10 or more. Any less was a partial string.

Cappy

Other than wife and dogs I have a life long friend, he and his family are still our favorite folks to hang around with in any cituation but most especially camping trips. The stories could fill volumes adventures a plenty. Spanning 45 years. I am God father to both his sons they are currently in the Marine Corp. As we near retirement age we can't wait to play in the woods together, like we did when we were kids, Guess thats what they mean when they say wheel of life. We can't wait to complete the circle.

danny28

I love camping with 4 guys from high school. They are a blast to camp with. My wife just started camping with me. We camped a few times as couples. That was fun too.

clewand550

We usually camp with my husband, daughter and son in law as well as my granddaughters. I love spending time with them. I love the conversations by the fire. We usually camp by some water and put a kayak or canoe in the water as well.

iArvee

My dad, but mostly friends. My dad isn't that much of a camper but whenever we do camp, he usually prepares dinner (he's a great fisherman!). So we do share a lot of great memories when I was a kid around the campsite. Recently it's just been friends (last time I camped was quite a long time ago).

Remp

I like going with friends and my girlfriend, or both.. But when I take my girlfriend we have to go somewhere with a lake around, because she doesn't like not showering for days.(me neither..)

DMan

My wife and I love to get away from it all together. It's nice catch up and just enjoy each other when we actually have time to relax together. We also love camping with our sons as well. We've had some good times together.

mariaandrea

For years it’s just been me and my 2 kids, and I love it. It’s pretty much our only type of family vacation. The last couple of years though we’ve taken some of their friends (1 friend each) and I admit I like that too, because those kids are like family, for one thing, and for another, when they’re having fun together everyone leaves me to sit back around the campfire with a book and a cup of coffee and I really like the peace. Which is good, because my kids are grown now (20 and 21) and have jobs and we may not get to camp together again for a long time with all of our difference schedules, so I may be going by myself. Which, after all these years as a single mom, actually sounds really nice and relaxing. :)