Camping checklist

Fox38

Do you have a checklist that you use when you are getting ready to go camping? I have one, my family doesn't. They think I'm odd but I rarely ever forget anything. What is on your checklist?

campgirl

I always make a checklist for any sort of travel away from the house. It changes each time. I should just make one on word and then re-use it. Mine has all the normal camping items, bug spray, first aid kit, cooking utensils, foil, etc.

trader

We've been doing it long enough now that we just know what we need at this point. The first aid kit is always the first item to get packed.

HappyFeet

There are times when I make use of a checklist but most times I don't. It is like everything is registered in my mind what to bring. I have a separate closet to store all my camping gears so I don't miss a lot when I'm camping out.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I am a list kinda guy. Sometimes our gear may get scattered a bit when we break camp - especially if the weather is bad and we are just stuffing things wherever. This makes it hard to be sure that everything is accounted for.

hydethebeef

Yes I do have a checklist that I use to get ready. At first it was missing some things but after a few trips and modifications the check list is a great way to get ready to go.

Adam

I have a checklist, but only use it when I "feel" something is missing, either on the way out or the way back. It works out pretty good.

southerngal

I usually make a list before I pack to go some where but I don't have like a standard list that I use everytime. With a child you pretty much have to have a list or you are bound to forget something!

lbean

I am getting old and starting to be more forgetful than I used to. In the past I could pack a perfect trip with out thinking about it. Now I have a list because I simply do not have the memory that I used to.

limaker

At this rate I am starting to think I need a checklist for everything. I could forget my head if it were not attached, I already have one of those chains for my glasses too. I guess thats what happens when we start to get old.

faye

A checklist comes in handy when I need to jot down the things that I'm going to bring to the camp. I have a poor memory so this is what I needed.

Gracy

I have a check list. I forgot to print it though. Now I'm home on vacation getting ready for our labor day trip and don't have a printer at home. I'm hoping tomorrow morning I can google some lists that will help but I had tailored the list just for this trip. *sigh*

HikingGuy

Without lists I am bound to forget something, at least if I make a list of everything I could possibly need and check off what is packed I tend to not forget things as easily.