Camping with TV?

Eaglescout 49

Television? No thank you. I do bring a music player with earbuds in case I can't sleep (not usually a problem on a camp-out).

I don't have a problem with anyone in the campground enjoying TV, radio or music, as long as I don't have to listen to it. That's what headphones or earbuds are for. I don't inflict my musical or news programming tastes on other people and I expect them to show the same courtesy to me.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
We have a ruggedized pop-up camper. But it does have a flip down monitor above both beds with headphone jacks, a small antenna for TV *used mainly for weather alerts* and a dvd player.

But, we're outside until night time when we sleep, sometimes it's just nice to watch a movie. When it rains it's a useful thing to have, that's for sure.

TroyS

We often camp with a Motorhome. We do have a TV in it, but like Groundpounder, we rarely use it. Usually, it's when there is a sudden downpour in the campground we're staying at and we can't go out. It's also nice to watch a bit of TV to check on the news just to be updated.

Grandpa

Okay, I admit, we have a coleman battery powered TV. Yep, Coleman. I don't remember where or how we got it but it is in the gear room and still in the box. I'm sure it must have been a gift or something because we had to have a 50 ft high antenna here at the house before sat dishes came out. I'm sure there is no chance we could get a signal either here or in the canyons with this little battery powered unit. But that is okay, TV is the last thing we care to have camping.

46u

I thought that was one of the reasons for a laptop so you can check the news, weather and so on. I do not even have cable here at the house. If I have to watch something there is Hulu and DVDs. LOL

hummingbird

I usually will take a bit of crocheting and perhaps a book I've been meaning to read but that's just about it. I don't like TV very much anyway but I do enjoy a good book.