Can't believe we went swimming!

Gabbie

And it was in the middle of winter. It got up into the high eighties a few days last week and we went over to visit some friends who have a pool. They told us to bring our bathing suits so we did. We actually did this a few times. It's been a strange winter so far. Not that I'm complaining after the last two we had!

limaker

That sounds like much more fun than us, with having the warmer days lately the kids bugging us about going swimming. Its warm for shorts but not that warm just yet.

rayne

When I first read your post, I thought you were going to say that you were full of anitfreeze before you jumped in. HaHa! It has indeed been a strange winter. Unusually warm for my part of the country but not quite that warm. Our pool is still closed.

campclose

Why is their pool still open? Crazy people.... One cold night or an ice storm and it will be ruined. It's been warm here too for winter, but not warm enough to swim.

ppine

Forester
Swimming in the winter is always a treat. We will be heading to Palm Springs, CA in a few weeks to do the same thing. Hot tubs and hot springs are really fun in the cold weather also.

Marshmallow

We took the kids to the beach last April 1, and I almost didn't pack their swimsuits. We got to the beach and people were swimming in the ocean. I can't ever hope to duplicate that experience, for it's usually way too cold to swim here on April Fool's Day. I guess I got fooled.

Hazel

We've had an odd winter here on Long Island N.Y. Right now we're having flurries and we haven't seen snow since October.

jason

fear no beer
I went in last week. I spent the day rebuilding my fire pit with a friend, making the cooking section bigger, removing broken blocks, fixing the seats, etc... It was in the 80's and that pool was refreshing, not to mention a great way to clean up. The water temp was about 72 degrees.