Castaway

Greenjack

Remember the old movie that starts Tom Hanks? If you were stranded on an island as the FedEx employee was, what would you do? Do you think you would survive as he did?

Last edited:

dinosaur

troublemaker
I don't know. But, I saw that movie. My review reads like this:"No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.".

TribalP

I don't know either. Depending on the island I were stranded on, I think I would survive as long as there were coconut trees on the island, and a Wilson ball. :D

Wendolyn

I have actually never seen this movie. I had started to watch it as a rental and ended up getting sleepy being sick with the flu one year and I never went back to it. Was it worth the long movie time that I remember seeing?

woodsman

Yes, I think I could survive, but boats travel more often than not, so the likely hood of being stranded for yeas on end is very unlikely. By the way there is also a nifty little book called Robinson Crusoe, you should check it out.

SuperFish

In this day and age there are satellites and GPS devices so they would probably be able to track you down. But, I think I could survive for a fair while as long there were enough trees and something I could build a shelter with.

oldsarge

A tropical island would be a blessing! Loaded with all kinds of natures foods. The movie Castaway looked like a vacation compared to being stuck on some island just outside the arctic circle. What a nightmare that would be!