Casual camp boot

EmberMike

Not entirely sure what I'm looking for here, but I got the idea that it would be great to have a nice comfortable boot for just lounging around camp. Not a hiker, not a work boot, not a sneaker. I'm thinking something between a sneaker and a hiker.

Any thoughts on this? Does something like this even exist?

Grandpa

Hikes out here in the mountains usually involve stream crossings. To save weight and redundancy, the water shoe does duty as the camp shoe as well. Favorites are Crocs and Tevas. Both are light weight, dry quickly and give good relief at the end of a long trail.

IndianaHiker

In camp I wear anything from Sandals, to Sanuks, to five fingers. Not worried about a camp show being durable since I am not walking to much there. Seen some that wear a rubber soled house shoe if the weather forecast is dry.

Michael

If it's not cold out, I often walk around camp bare foot. I'm hardly Cody Lundin, but I do enjoy walking around without shoes on now and again.

ppine

Forester
flip-flops, Romeos, water shoes, tennis shoes, or cheap slip-ons. Comfort is good and light is great after hiking.

Judy Ann

I like something that I can kick off easily when getting in and out of the tent especially at night, so lined Crocs in the winter and flip flops in the summer.

Lorax

For 10 ounces on the pack, you can't beat Crocs or a cheapie knock off version. After a long day on the trail, to slip on a pair of clean heavy hiking socks and wear something that feels like a squishy cloud while enjoying a fire is pure heaven.

Sometimes I'll take my vibram five fingers too in warmer weather.

DuctTape

I use my trail runners for hiking, water crossing and in camp. They are light, dry quick. No need for ankle support, as all that does is transfer torque to your knee and cause knee injury. I use Merrell Ventilators, they are basically a sneaker, but the tread is a vibram sole to take the beating. I

BWWCA

I was also going to suggest Crocs. We really like them because they are so light and slip on and off easily. We have 2 kids who love to go in and out of the tent so it is important to have something they can slip on and off quickly or we end up with a lot of 'extra' dirt in the tent.

ChadTower

Hikes out here in the mountains usually involve stream crossings. To save weight and redundancy, the water shoe does duty as the camp shoe as well. Favorites are Crocs and Tevas. Both are light weight, dry quickly and give good relief at the end of a long trail.

I hate Crocs. Uncomfortable and ugly. Everybody's preferences are a little different.

I like a good fully strapped in sandal for around the campsite for mostly the same reasons mentioned above. I have been wearing a set similar to these for years. I strap them to my pack for hiking and change into them when needed and they are my primary shoe when paddling, around camp, and when swimming in anything other than a pool (ocean and fresh).

These suckers are a miracle when stepping out of a canoe into unknown muddy bottom.