Catfish Fillets

Camoguy

We caught some pretty good catfish after work last week, when it wasn't raining and we had some wonderful fried catfish fillets today. Fried them babies up with a cornmeal breading, had homemade coleslaw and homemade hush puppies with fried potatoes. Not easy on the cholesterol, but very, very yummy!

LovingNature

We love catfish too and that all sounded so good! But I would say your forgot the cheese grits! But then you may not be from the south. ;)

sailorman

That sounds so good! I haven't had a good catfish filet in some time now. For some reason I have not had a good catfish year for a few years now. Maybe next year will be better.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
I haven't made hush-puppies in a while, I prefer an italian breadcrumb mixed with southern style seasonings.

Glad you had some good luck on the water! I haven't had any luck in the past few weeks due to the temperature of the water (mid 80s) :(.

CatsEye

Yummy! I love fish and I love fishing. We have a fish fry at church about twice a year from all of the fish we have all stored during the year's fishing. People bring deer meat and goat meat as well sometimes. We men all get together and deep fry the fish and the women of the church bring all of the side dishes and desserts. I love it!

Grandpa

Yummy! I love fish and I love fishing. We have a fish fry at church about twice a year from all of the fish we have all stored during the year's fishing. People bring deer meat and goat meat as well sometimes. We men all get together and deep fry the fish and the women of the church bring all of the side dishes and desserts. I love it!
Uhhhh Cats Eye? uhhhh where you at and when's this fishfry? :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

jason

fear no beer
Ok, bad time to read this thread. It is past dinner time, and I'm hungry and this thread is making me want to have a gold ol fish fry.

Freebird11

A small town restaurants in southern fried catfish on their menus feature. Most urban dwellers have never tasted a good catfish and tend to dismiss as a fish of lowly social status. but lovers of fish in rural areas, especially in southern states, they love the sweet taste of catfish. It is the fish most commonly eaten in America. Catfish can be used in any recipe calling for white fish oil, but most southerners prefer dredged in cornmeal and fried. In the South, hushpuppies are considered an absolute necessity to serve with fried catfish, along with coleslaw and ketchup.