Cave diving

danny28

I have never tried cave diving but it’s on the list. I went scuba diving several times but never in a cave. My friends tell me I’m crazy to want to try this. I know I am nowhere near ready to be a cave diver but it’s a goal of mine. I hope to do it before I’m too old to dive or go caving. Have you ever cave dived? Is it just amazing?

oldsarge

I entered a few tigh places in the coral when I used to dive. Just didn't like it, especially when you start kicking up silt trying to back you way out. Not being trained in cave diving, I never ventured too far in. Always stayed to were I could see the opening. Even then it was creepy in there.

LindaLou

I've never tried diving period let alone cave diving. I have heard it is a great experience but also a dangerous one. So, you do need to make sure you are really trained well and always have someone with you. Bad things can happen.

ejdixon

That's also something that's definitely on my list...as soon as I finally get my diver's license.

Make sure to take a knowledgeable guide as a diving buddy. I've heard that some underwater caves are a lot trickier to go around and a lot easier to get lost in it.

oldsarge

Same thing with diving on wrecks, not trained, don't go. Too many things can go wrong. I once did a dive on an old plane. We took off our tanks to slide in the cockpit. That's was the extent of any under water enclosed spaces.

Gwen

My partner is into everything and he is also a certified scuba diver. He loves it and wants me to go with him next time. He wants to explore some underwater caves in Belize next summer...

Tule

Frogger and Spearfisher
No Cave diving for me!

I have been diving 40 years and one thing I learned is that things go wrong and you may have to surface. You could be screwed in a cave! for instance, one time i got my facemask and mouthpiece kicked off after my exhale and began to choke and couldnt get my regulator cleared and had to come up 60 feet (blowing out of course so as not to embolize)